|  Register

Oneida Charter Township
11041 Oneida Road
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
(517) 622-8078


Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Or by appointment.
Township information contact:


2024 Office Holidays:
New Year's - January 2, 2024
Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 15, 2024

Presidents Day - February 19, 2024
Memorial Day - May 27, 2024
Juneteenth - June 19, 2024
Independence Day - July 4, 2024

Labor Day - September 2, 2024
Columbus Day - October 14, 2024
Veterans Day - November 11, 2024
Thanksgiving  - November 27 & 28, 2024
Christmas  - December 24-26, 2024
New Year's Eve - December 31, 2024

2024 Meeting Dates:

Click HERE

Frequently Asked Questions

Your frequently asked questions (FAQs) are answered here!  If you do not find your question, please email us at dfcooley@oneidatownship.org and we will add your question here and email you the answer back!


General Complaints Property Tax
Abandoned Cars in Road Deeds & Titles Road Problems
Building Permits Dog Licenses Schools
Business Start-Up Meetings Streetlight Repair
Burn Permit Nuisance Ordinance Voting/Elections
Bus Service Passports Water & Sewer
Cemetery Plots Property Survey  

What are Oneida's borders?

  • East:  Royston Road
  • West:  Cochran Road
  • North:  Eaton Highway
  • South:  Needmore Highway

What is Oneida's size?

  • 34.0 Square Miles

How many residents are there in Oneida Township?

  • 2010 Population:  3,865


Abandoned Cars in the Road

Call the Eaton County Sheriff's Department at (517) 372-8217.


Building Permits

Building Permit:  Contact Tom Westfall  (517) 622-8078

Electrical, Mechanical & Plumbing Permit:  Contact Oneida Charter Township (517) 622-8078  
                                                                                  or Municipal Inspection Services directly at (517) 622-8078



Burn Permits

For a burn permit, please contact the Grand Ledge Area Emergency Services Authority (GLAESA) at 517-627-1157.

Business Start-Up
  • Contact Melissa Goschka at the Planning/Zoning Department at (517) 622-8078 or mgoschka@oneidatownship.org.
  • Contact Eaton County Register of Deeds for DBA (517) 543-2426.


Bus Service

The Eaton County Transportation Authority (EATRAN) provides bus service to Oneida Township residents.  Bus service is provided on a "Demand Response" basis within Eaton County.  Advanced reservations are required.  Phone:  (517) 371-3313.


Cemetery Plots

Cemetery Plots are available in the Strange, Union , and Pioneer Cemeteries.  Residents of Oneida Township may purchase a plot for $200.00 and nonresidents for $500.00.  Please contact the Oneida Charter Township for more information - (517) 622-8078.

Oneida Township Cemetery drives are not plowed in the winter unless necessary.

Cemetery Ordinance:  Downlaod



Call the Oneida Township Supervisor at (517) 622-8087.


Deeds and Title Information

Call the Eaton County Register of Deeds at (517) 543-4203.


Dog Licenses

Dog licenses must be purchased through the Eaton County Treasurer’s office, either by mail, online or in person. For more information, please see the Eaton County website or contact the Township office.   www.eatoncountytreasurer.com



When and where are meetings held?

  • Township Board Meetings:  2nd Tuesday of each month (except holidays).
    Time:  7:00 p.m.
  • Planning Commission Meetings:  1st Tuesday of each month (except holidays).
    Time:  7:00 p.m.  The Planning Commission is mandated to meet four times per year.  Meetings may be cancelled for lack of business.  Cancellations will be posted in the meetings section and at the Township Hall.


  • Oneida Charter Township Hall
    11041 Oneida Road
    Corner of St. Joseph Highway and Oneida Road


Nuisance Ordinace

Call Melissa Goschka at (517) 622-8078.



Call the Eaton County Clerk's office at (517) 543-7500 Ext. 2478.


Property Survey

Contact a private surveyor.


Property Tax

When are summer taxes due?

  • Summer taxes are due on September 14.  After this date, an interest of 1% a month is added for each calendar month or fraction thereof.  After February 14, an additional 3% penalty will be added.

When are winter taxes due?

  • Winter taxes are due on February 14.  After this date, an additional 3% penalty will be added.

For more information on taxes, please visit our property tax section.

Assessing/Property Taxes Online


Road Problems

To report a road problem, please call the Eaton County Road Commission toll-free at (877) 883-2866.



Which schools do Township Children attend?

  • Portland
  • Grand Ledge
  • Potterville
  • Strange
  • Charlotte


Streetlight Repair

To report a streetlight that needs repair, please contact Consumers Energy at 1-800-477-5050 or go to https://www.consumersenergy.com/outages/outage-center.



Check Voter Registration State at www.michigan.gov/vote.  Polling location for all elections is the Oneida Township Hall.

Where do I register to vote?

  • A voter registration form is available online.  Print, sign, and return the application to any Secretary of State Branch Office or the Oneida Township Clerk's Office at the Township Hall.

What should I do if I am moving to another address within the Township?

  • If you are moving from one address to another within the Township, you must change your voter registration address.  You may do so by completing the address change form and returning it to the Clerk's office, or by calling the Clerk's office at (517) 622-8078.

What should I do if I am moving to another community?

  • If you move from Oneida Township to another community, you are required to register to vote in your new community or you  may go to any Secretary of State branch office.
  • To vote in any election you must be registered to change your address at least 30 days prior to the election.

How do I obtain an absentee ballot?

  • Oneida Township Clerk's office maintains a permanent list of voters who wish to receive Absentee Ballots for all elections.
  • If you are 60 years or older, physically challenged, or frequently out of the community, call (517) 622-8078 for more information.

MCL 168.523 now requires all voters who vote in person to show a photo ID to receive a ballot.  If you have a photo ID but do not have it with you when voting, you may sign an affidavit that will allow you to still vote.  Call the Clerk's Office for more information.


Water & Sewer

Sanitary sewer new connections, water/sewer problems or water/sewer turn-off/turn-on, please contact:

  • City of Grand Ledge at (517) 627-2149.

For water/sewer assessments, please contact:

  • Oneida Township Treasurer or Assessor at (517) 622-8078.